This war memorial is located in the south-east corner of the churchyard, erected to the memory of 33 local men who fell in the First World War. It was unveiled and dedicated on Sunday 1st August 1920 by Dr Wynne Willson, the Dean of Bristol and chief patron of the living of Olveston.
On the day of the service the church was crowded, with many more stood outside. The front seats were reserved for the relatives of the fallen men. About 100 ex-servicemen under Major C.E. Turner, D.S.O. paraded and attended the service, prior to which the ringers rang a muffled peel.
Further information is available by contacting the Historical Society.
With 100 years having passed since the start of the 1st World War, South Glos Council have created a database of War Memorials within the District, and also a website to publicise heritage and the various commemorations.